The rental rate includes use of our properties on the event day, and use Friday to Sunday. Rehearsal is typically on Friday, with your wedding on Saturday and clean up on Sunday. The event day the property and barn are available from 9am to 11pm. Also provided in the rate are 2 beautiful indoor restroom stall facility with hot and cold running water for you and your guests, an onsite property manager with day-of coordination and light, daily housekeeping, 2 parking attendants. Bride and bridal party are welcomed to get ready inside the home in a private bridal suite and use of a large remodeled private bathroom with clawfoot tub and walk in shower to get ready for the big day. We provide enough tables and chairs you need, a mixture of 10 wood farmhouse tables and (12) 60” circle banquet tables, wood slabs, 6 whiskey barrels, sweethearts table, dry bar and an antique buffet. We have wood wedding style folding chairs(150) OR your choice of a mixture of farm chic chairs(130). We have ivory linens available for our tables, and we also have antique china place settings and chargers. Our supply of décor, dozens of signs, vases, lights, drapery, greenery, table runners, and a variety of other décor items at no extra charge to use to our couples.
· The Grounds. 3 acres of open fields, wooded areas, secluded, private areas for you and your guests to enjoy for Friday, ( set up and rehearsal times to be discussed) and Saturday, (for the celebration), Sunday (cleanup).
· The Barn. Our large open space for receptions, parties and other events. Seated dinner capacity of ~130people, 180 outside barn and dancing in the barn.
· Tables & Chairs. 150 wedding style, wood chairs and 10 “Farmhouse” tables are included in the price, 12 60” circle tables, 3 rustic dessert or gift tables, one long buffet table, large 18 foot dry bar set up area, also includes 130 mixture of chairs for that farmhouse feel.
· Day of coordination
· The bridal suite Inside the farmhouse exists a private space with a large suite that hasa queen bedroom, makeup table, ceiling to floor antique mirror, full size couch, hanging space and air condition. A full size bathroom with a clawfoot tub, walk in glass shower, toilet and double sink. Downstairs in the farmhouse includes a large living room with sectional, fireplace. Dining room with 8 chairs, piano and many opportunities for pictures. Full size kitchen for light use during wedding day. (Items may be stored the evening of rehersal to be taken out before the ceremony begins).
· Ceremony arbor. Separate from the barn, set with the backdrop of fields, with bench seating for guests. The farmhouse mixture of chairs can also be added in.
· Outdoor grape arbor, Our large extended grape arbor nestled by fruit trees and a garden full of perennials.
· Fire Pit Area. Nestled next to the bar, in between beautiful trees is a rock and stone fire pit with Adirondack chairs and other chairs can be placed besides.
· Field parking area for over ~70 vehicles, we include the parking attendants
· Air conditioned two stall restrooms with a beautiful soapstone sink.
· Decorations Certain areas have drapes, lighting and signage provided, 6 whiskey barrels, dry bar area, live edge tables, we also provide our décor items inventory at no extra cost to you, you have the option of looking through it all, and deciding which signs, and special touches are meant for you.
Clients are free to invite and contract any vendor that might assist in turning our barns and grounds into their dream event. Should you request to provide alcohol to the event, you are obligated to purchase host liquor liability insurance for $1 million if it is not provided through your caterer or bar service. The event must end by 10:30pm to allow for cleanup and full closure of the venue by 11pm. We require a $1 million general event liability insurance certificate for your event and $5 million for general aggregate. Cover for the provision of alcohol must also be included which can be obtained online or through your personal insurance company. (If you are booking insurance on EventHelper, choose YES for alcohol coverage and YES to waiver of Subrogation as they are mandatory). We also require the rental of a portable restroom as a backup, and from the local company can be obtained for under $85.
current venue pricing
Pricing for May is $4400, June-July $4700 and August-October $5100. To book your special day with us a contract needs to be signed and a deposit of 50% is required at that time, the remainder 50% is due 90 days before the event date. All funds are non-refundable as we block the date off our calendar immediately upon booking, making the date unavailable for other interested couples. Checks can be made out to The Timber Hitch Farmhouse. We have many projects we hope to complete to offer things no other barn venue in Maine do.